An Assessment for Club Members only
Hills has introduced a K9 Companion Award for Club members with dogs in Class 8 or above and will hold Assessments as follows.
The following elements are essential to undertake the test:
- Dogs must be at least 12 months of age. They must have completed our Beginner Course or be in Class 8 (or higher) of the Club’s Course.
- Proof of Council registration/microchipping and a current vaccination or equivalent certificate.
- The dog should be presented in a clean and tidy manner.
- The dog should be fitted with an appropriate collar or restraint for that dog (i.e. collar, gentle collar, head collar, and harness), and be on a leash. Note – no check chains are to be used.
- The Handler must carry a plastic bag at all times to clean up after his/her dog.
- Training treats are not to be given during exercises. Verbal praise is, however, permitted.
- A number of both verbal and hand cues are permitted during exercises.
- The Handler must have an 80% pass rate on the theory assessment and 100% on practical assessment.
- If you do not achieve 100% in your practical assessment, you will be able to re-sit the practical test without charge when the next K9 Assessments are held.
- The cost of the assessments is $20.00
For full details of the Award and information on exercises talk with your Class Instructor.